Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's Luke's 2nd Birthday!

The Birthday boy!


Lyle had a great idea to celebrate Luke's birthday this year. I was a bit skeptical at first but it turned out to be absolutely awesome! We took the kids to a hibachi grill for the first time.


The kids bounced around as usual at first but when the hibachi master/cook (whatever he is called) lit the grill on fire and flames shot up it was total silence at our table. Ella and Luke were mesmerized! They giggled at all his tricks..which he played up a lot because the kids were getting such a kick out of it...and gobbled up the their food. It's the perfect type of food for Ella. Individual pieces of meat and vegetables...no mixing. She moaned with delight the whole time and declared that this was her new favorite restaurant (along with Jason's Deli she reminded me).

Both of them got a huge kick out of using the chop sticks. You can tell in this picture, Luke was really concentrating on them.


We then headed home to open presents and eat birthday cake. All the way home (and I do mean ALL THE WAY HOME) Ella and Luke chanted CAKE CAKE CAKE in the back seat. Lyle and I laughed so hard.

Here is a video clip of Luke opening his presents from Mims and Pa and Landry and Elizabeth. Thought you guys might want to see this. (I hate my voice in these videos. Sorry you have to listen to me but what can I do???)



Luke loved his gifts and you are so sweet to him. Ella said that Mims and Pa gave Luke the perfect gift because it was one they could both use!



Then it was time for cake! What a Birthday celebration!



Luke, you are such a sweet little boy. You are turning out to be quite the little clown too. You are constantly performing to get us to laugh at you which we do all the time. You talk unusually well for a 2 yr. old, say your ABCs, count to ten, know all your colors and you just learned how to climb out of your bed. Yes, you are a climber...my little dare devil! You love your sissy and love even more to imitate every thing she does. It is so fun to watch you two grow up together. You have added a whole new level of excitement to the family. You listen so well and when I ask you to do something I always get this response, "OK, Mommy". You say it so sweetly! My second favorite thing you say is, "Cuddle, Mommy. I want a cuddle". You are just wonderful! We love you, Luke. Happy 2nd Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment