Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The First Snow of the Season

It has been pretty exciting around here lately. We got 6 inches of snow Sunday night so we have been out of school...which means Mommy is out of work...for two days.

My birthday was on the 10th so Grandma and Papa came up to watch the kids on Sunday while Lyle and I went out for a very nice lunch at a wonderful French restaurant we found. While there the first flakes started to come down and I told Lyle then...I bet Ella is already outside. Sure enough when we drove up to the house, Ella had Papa and Grandam outside in the snow.
Here is a picture of outside when the snow first started to come down and then later on that night while Daddy was grilling us some awesome steaks!




The next morning we were out in the snow by 8am!


Here is a video of the kids in the front yard.



Lots of kids were sledding down the hills around the neighborhood so that gave me the idea to take the kids sledding. Now, when I was a child my dad would tie a sled to the back of our 4wheeler and pull us around the farm...GREAT fun! But since I don't have a farm or a 4wheeler..or a sled for that matter...I came up with the best alternative. It was actually easy to pull them and we really picked up speed going down the hills. They had fun and that's all that matters!
As I was pulling the kids around the neighborhood, we saw several older boys and girls who would stop to watch us as we went by and it occurred to me then that there would probably not be another time that Ella would let me pull her around the neighborhood in our recycling trash bin! How embarrassing!
Here's two clips.





After our trips outside we would come in and warm up by the fire.

Nothing better than toasty warm clothes to slip into when you are ready for round #2!


That night we made our second and by far the best snowman. Ella named him SnowFlake.

1 comment:

  1. I can't help it! I'm at work and I'm actually chuckling out loud! The Recycling bin is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete