Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Break...a post for our Friends in Chicago!

I have been emailing some friends of ours from Dallas who moved to Chicago in the summer. She was telling me how freezing it was there with temps in the low 20's. So when we had two days during our break with the temperature in the 70's I thought of them. Wanted to share these pics with you guys hoping it might make you feel a bit warmer!

The kids rode bikes and played outside all day which is great because the last couple of days, it was in the 30's and we couldn't go outside at all. We were all starting to climb the walls!


But with it feeling more like springtime than Christmas time, I thought we would make popcorn strings to keep us in the Christmas spirit! This was our first time making them and a word to the wise....always do them outside! It was messy. It was a lot of fun though mostly because Luke decided for some reason he wanted no part in the popcorn stuff and would rather ride his bike so Ella and I got to sit comfortably and make the string.


It hung over our door way all through Christmas. It was my favorite decoration this year!


.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for thinking of us! I can't believe how fast the two of them are growing up. Hopefully we'll see you guys soon! Tell the kids we say Hello.
    Randall & Melissa

    ReplyDelete