I don't care where we are in the house or what we are doing but the kids never miss the sound of the ice cream truck's music going through our neighborhood. Every summer they eagerly await his arrival. All the kids in the neighborhood line the street when he comes. I always try to get out of it and pray the kids don't hear it but if Lyle is home he ALWAYS gets outside to stop him or even chases him down if he passes our house before the kids get out there. They love him for that! I remember when we first moved here, Ella was REALLY into it and would basically burst into tears when she first heard the music because she was afraid she was going to miss him. One weekend when my mom and dad where down shortly after we moved in, we heard the music but couldn't see him on our street. So my dad threw Ella in the car and chased him down. She LOVED this and made the comment that "Papa is even crazier about the ice cream truck than I am!" She still talks about that day.
Anyways, the ice cream truck will always be an important part of our summer vacations!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment