Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Kindergarten and 2B!!!

My baby started Kindergarten this week! I was so proud of her! We actually almost didn't start though. Ella came down with the stomach virus Sunday night and was very sick. I didn't even pack her lunch because I assumed she wasn't going. But Monday morning, she jumped out of bed and swore she was feeling much better and begged me to let her go to school. She got dressed and then sat at the breakfast table with her head on the table. I asked her if she was OK and she jumped up saying YES YES! I promise! The whole car ride to school she laid her head on the door. I really expected her teacher to call at any minute telling me to come get her but...no call! She made it the whole day! I was so impressed with her determination!

Here she is on her first day of Kindergarten!



Ella: Mommy and Daddy are so excited for you. You are going to experience so many wonderful things in school. You have become such a sweet young girl. We are so proud of you. Please always know how much we love you and your big heart! I can't write too much here because I am fighting back tears. Just know that Kindergarten is only the start...so much to look forward to. My sweet little girl!

Luke also started back to school today. He is in 2B this year...for whatever that is worth. I was so worried about him starting back...remember this story. But to my great surprise he didn't mind a bit! He was so excited to go and instead of crying when I pulled into his school parking lot (like he did at open house) he said, "There's my school!" He carried his nap mat in saying "I'm big and strong just like daddy. Daddy is big and strong."  He waved good bye to me when I left and that was that! He has done great all week!

Here he is with me waiting for his school to open. Ella's school starts at 7:45 and Luke's doesn't start until 8:30 so we have about 30 minutes of hanging out time. It is nice to have some quiet time with just him.

Luke: Thank you for being so brave this week. I think my prayers have been answered. You are doing so well. My heart melts when you wave good bye with that big smile on your face and say "See you later, Mommy!" Daddy and I love you so much. You are the funniest little thing and you make me happy everyday!




No comments:

Post a Comment