As always, we had a low key new year's party with the kids. Ella loves these parties...she loves traditions and remembers every detail exactly. We started out by playing some games.
Hungry Hippo was Luke's favorite! The game was tilted a little for some reason so all the marbles always went to him causing him to win every time! He was thrilled....Ella not so much.
We set the kitchen timer to go off at 5 minutes to 9pm. That gave us enough time to put on our party hats and grab our horns and sparklers to do the count down outside.
It was quite the celebration! We then went inside for our sparkling wine toast to the new year. Ella lead the toast this year and this is what she said word for word: "I am very thankful for all the wonderful things this year has brought me and I am very excited about all the wonderful things next year will bring." We didn't think there was anything left to add. That was perfect! Of course Luke added his own, "I am very thankful for my mom, my dad, and my sissy." I love those kids! Happy New Year!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment