Monday, June 6, 2016

Half Marathon

So, I decided to run my first half marathon. It is something that I have been wanting to do for a long time and finally felt I was ready. I signed up for the Diva Half Marathon here in San Francisco. I trained pretty well for it and was excited to be doing it. There are lots of things I would do differently if I run one again though. I would give myself more time to train, drink and eat more the morning of the race and not wear a long sleeve shirt. Although the last three miles were pretty rough, I have no recollection of seeing my family at the 12 mile marker, and had to get an IV after I ran across the finish line (yes, I really did) and hurt for the next two weeks, I would definitely do it all again. Lyle and I are hoping to do one together once he gets done with fellowship and we have some kind of life again;)
Here are a few pics:



No comments:

Post a Comment