Around 6 AM we heard Ella moving around and Luke was dying to go open presents so although I told them we had to stay in bed until at least 7, I went ahead and got up with them. I knew there was no chance for sleep!
Here is a rather terrible pic of what the tree looked like before they tore into the presents.
The kids opened all their Santa gifts but we made them wait until Daddy got home around 9 am to open the family gifts. This year from Santa they got: a Fuseball table, an Amazon Alexa, drones, Star Wars box set, Bounce Off game, iTunes gift cards, then Luke got a pull up bar, books, a perplexus ball and a soccer ball, Ella got tennis shoes, boots, and a robe, AB got bottles for her baby dolls, a riding bike, wooden toys and some bath toys. I think I am missing some stuff but its all I can remember right now. They seemed very very happy!
Annabeth was so sweet on that day. There was so much for her to play with that we hardly heard from her all day. We would find her quietly playing with some of her new toys. Love that little baby!
Later that day after the massive Christmas explosion was cleaned up Ella and I pulled together a Christmas dinner made up of just finger foods. Lyle was going to be late that night so I didn't want to make a big dinner....we were saving that for the 26th when he had the day off and I knew he would be home to enjoy it. It was such a sweet, relaxing Christmas Day. I don't think the kids got out of their PJs all day!




No comments:
Post a Comment