Friday, December 11, 2015

Just a post on Luke

I wanted to give a little update on how each one of the kids are doing since moving to SF so I thought I would start with Luke.
When Luke went to the drs back in the summer he weighed 60 lbs and was 4'6". He is a rough and tumbly little boy in every sense of the words but also a sweet cuddly one too. Since moving here to SF, Luke started coming into our room every night to sleep with us. Although the bed gets a little crowded I am totally ok with that. Just like Ella, I know it will stop soon enough and I love that he feels safe and warm with us.
Luke started 1st grade this year and is doing awesome! At his first teacher's meeting, his teacher Mrs. Donovan told me that Luke is wonderful to have in class. That all the kids (especially some of the girls:) really love him and he fits right in. She also said that he is one of the kids at the top of the class. He is an excellent speller and doing great in every subject. We are so proud of that! Quite often, we will be wondering where Luke is in the house and we will find him down on the computer working on his Mathletics website...he loves learning and LOVES math! He was the winner of the Read-a-thon in his class which was a huge deal! Also, one sweet note which says a lot about the kind of person Luke is is that he had just received $10 from Papa during their visit here and he donated the whole $10 to his school to raise money for the "poor kids". I was proud of him and so was his teacher so he got an award for it and was interviewed on the daily SBTV (St. Brendan TV) which is aired every morning.
Luke has found a group of buddies that he seems to have really clicked with....especially Wells and Marco. They love sports just like he does and are the sweetest boys ever! He has lots of playdates with them throughout the week since they both live very close to us. He is a pic of him walking home with his buddies after school. He was also invited over to have a playdate with a little girl named Elise last week which cracks me up! He says she is a good friend and when I went to pick him up they were riding bikes in the street.
Not only is he a good friend at school but he is also a great brother. He is so sweet with AB and she adores him! "Brudder, Brudder", is all we here from the moment we pick the kids up from school. He and Ella are of course still the best of friends and tell me about the long talks they have after we tuck them in at night. I think they really enjoy sharing a room with bunk beds.
Luke is also our little dare devil. He loves adventure and being outside. Loves playing and watching every sport he can especially soccer right now.
He he is at our neighborhood Christmas party with Santa. Ella stayed home babysitting AB (for the first time) while Lyle, Luke and I went to the party right down the street. It was special for him to be the only kid for once.
And here he is as an angel for his Christmas play at school.
Love this kid so so much! He adds such a different touch to our family. His silliness brightens my day every single time!

No comments:

Post a Comment