Monday, June 17, 2013

Bring on the Summer!!

Boy, am I glad it is summer vacation! Time to slow down a little. Let the kids stay up a little later at night and catch fire flies in the yard. I LOVE this time of year! I always worry that is going to go by too fast though and we won't get done half of the things we have planned so this year we made the.........Wall of Summer! We used the wall of the refrigerator to put up calendars and fliers about various activities around town we don't want to miss. Ella absolutely LOVED this idea! That girl is all about schedules and keeping things organized.....who does that sound like you say?? She decorated the wall for us which I love!

We made a list of things I wanted to really get done this summer like cleaning out old clothes and finally putting up Luke's crib. We have actually gotten some of that stuff done already including making memory boxes for the kids. It holds all their art work, school videos and soccer pictures.
Here they are decorating them in the back yard one day:


But one of the very first things the kids' did I think the first day after school was over for both of them was play in the sprinklers and of course eat popsicles!

They took the water heater box that we have yet to get rid of and played with it in the sprinklers trying to walk with it over their heads as the water hit them. Obviously, this didn't work out too well.

Its going to be a good summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment