Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What a fantastic Mother's Day!

I have to say this year was a Mother's day to beat all Mother's days! My mom called me about a week before and said she reserved a hotel room for her, me and my sisters in Fayetteville for a weekend of shopping....just us girls! I immediately said count me in! Lyle had to work that weekend so my dad offered to babysit the kids. So, on Saturday morning after getting the kids settled at my parents' the four of us took off!

The trip wasn't the only surprise my mom had for us. She gave each of us $100 to spend on the trip! WOO WHOO!! We got to Fayetteville around 3 and after checking into the hotel, we started shopping. We shopped the ENTIRE weekend!!
 That night we stopped at a sushi place for dinner. It was perfect! I didn't have to order for anyone but myself!! Now that's a mother's day present!
I wish it didn't have to end! Here's hoping we can do it again next year!

That wasn't the only cool thing a got for Mother's day. The kids did have a few presents for me that made my heart melt.
Luke gave me this pretty flower pot he painted at school.
He also drew a picture of me with a few descriptions. I was surprised by how many he got right. Maybe he does listen:)
Ella also gave me a flower pot she painted at school but hers had little flowers in them with little tasks on the stems that she would do for me if I picked it. I have been picking a flower everyday this week and I have convinced her that they are reuseable and the flower goes back in the pot for me to pick again later! My favorite is..I will pick up all my toys!! That is her least favorite:)
And I can't forget to thank Lyle for my new phone!! I desperately needed one so he surprised me with a new one with a pretty pink case. Did you notice how much better the pics looked in this post! Thanks Lyle!!
Hope you Moms had a great Mother's Day!!  I know you deserved it!






No comments:

Post a Comment