It doesn't look like much is going on in this picture, but if you could hear what the kids were talking about you would laugh just like I did. They were discussing how they were best friends and needed a special best friends secret hand shake. They were going to make it up when they got back home so no one in the neighborhood would see it. They promised each other that they wouldn't show ANYBODY their hand shake. Ella told Luke not to even tell his friends at school that he had one because they might beg him to show them..Ha! Luke said, "I won't do that, sissy!" Very serious (side note: Lyle told me that on Thursday when he took Luke with him to read to Ella's class, she was begging him to do the secret hand shake in front of her friends!!) As soon as they got home from our walk they ran in the back room and were very quiet for about 20 minutes. Then they came out and asked me if I wanted to see the hand shake.....so much for not showing anybody! I had to swear to secrecy and am not allowed to show it on the blog (I'm hoping I can change that last part once the excitement dies down a little). It was super cute! They were very proud of it. Ha! These kids crack me up! Please stay best friends!!





No comments:
Post a Comment