Sunday, December 4, 2011

Kicking off the Christmas Season

To get us in the Christmas spirit around here (I really need help this year for some reason. Just too busy!) I took the kids to a neighborhood tree lighting festival. I wasn't really sure to expect because we haven't been before but it was fantastic!!
The kids were excited to see all the lights and hear the band playing some of their favorite Christmas carols.
 There were several people with big baskets full of cookies, fudge and different breads. The kids quickly spotted these people.
 We then grabbed some hot chocolate and apple cider and took a seat while we waited for Santa to arrive!
 Santa and Mrs. Claus along with Frosty and Rudolph showed up soon after and gave out coloring books and candy canes to all the kids. Luke said, "Mommy, I LOVE Santa!"
The both got some one on one time with Santa. I asked Luke what he said to Santa and he said, " I just showed him my candy cane. I didn't know what else to do." Haha! Ella told him she wanted a stuffed pony..no surprise.

Luke was determined to talk to Rudolph but it was a little hard to get his attention.
 Then the tree lighting. This is not a good picture but the tree really could have used some more lights!
Hope all of you are finding ways to get in the spirit this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment