Monday, November 21, 2011

Dinner time story

Tonight Lyle had to work late so the kids and I were doing dinner on our own. I finished cooking and had made their plates. Ella was on the computer and Luke was in his room with his cars. I asked if anyone was ready to eat and I heard the usual, "No, not yet!" come from both of them. So I called back, "Fine, I will just eat by myself then." I sat down and about a minute later Ella came over and sat down. She said, "Mom, I know that it is more important to spend time with your mom than it is playing the computer so I want to come eat dinner with you." Melted my heart! Oh, how I hope she always remembers that!! About 2 minutes later, Luke comes bouncing in and says, "Hey, why didn't you get me for dinner?" That boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment