Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

I had a fantastic Mother's Day this year. We actually got to celebrate it all weekend with special guests from Dallas.

Mims and Pa!


We had a very busy weekend starting with Ella's soccer game Saturday morning.


We then took Mims and Pa to one of our favorite hang outs...Wildwood Park...its made it into the blog several times and most likely will again in the future. We love it there.


Then it was time for a very special treat. For a Mother's Day present, I reserved for Mims and Ella some girl time at the spa together...just the two of them. They were going to get a pedicure and Ella could not have been more excited. She said, "You know, Mom, I am really tired but that is OK because I am about to get really relaxed at the spa." I laughed. Here are a few pics from girls' day. Mims said Ella smiled the whole time. Looking at the pics I think she might have enjoyed it a bit too much...have I created a monster? Well, I know Ella had a good time, but I hope you did too, Mims.




Unfortunately, Lyle wasn't able to share the weekend with us because he had to work, but we did get to spend a little time with him. We took some dinner up to him at the hospital. Mims and Pa got to see the hospital a little closer and we got to see Daddy for a few minutes. It was nice.




Then on Sunday Mims and Pa took the kids to the park. It was such a beautiful day and the kids enjoyed playing in the water and of course Luke's favorite the swings.






I had to throw in this random picture Mims got of Luke just because it is so cute and shows how big he has grown.


Mims and Pa also got to celebrate Grandparents' Day with Ella at school...pics soon to follow. She was so excited to have them at her school. I was so happy they could make it.

Thanks so much for making our weekend so special. We had a great time and hope to do it again soon! We love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment