Thursday, May 5, 2011

Easter

Easter went so fast this year that I can barely remember what we did. Lyle had to work so that kind of put a damper on the party but the kids and I had fun none the less.

First and most importantly....the Easter Bunny loot!

This is what the kids woke up to Easter morning.

The kids ended up in bed with me after Lyle left for work about 4 am. At about 6:30 I heard Ella wake up and literally shoot out of bed. I heard the door to our bedroom open and a gasp. Ella found this candy trail the Easter Bunny had left for the kids. Notice the carrot the Easter Bunny dropped as he was leaving the candy. That bunny is so messy! Ella got a huge kick out of that!


Then a couple seconds after the gasp I heard the highest pitched squeals ever coming from the dining room. It made me smile and I jumped out of bed to join her. She was thrilled. We dug through the baskets and soon Luke came into the room very upset that he was left behind. He got over it soon when I handed him some M&Ms. Amazing the mess that boy can make with two blue M&Ms!


We spent the next couple of minutes going through the cool stuff left behind by the bunny. He even thought of mommy this year and got her some special tulips...aren't they beautiful!



Then it was time for the big Easter Egg hunt. Because we are very organized in this family we made sure we knew exactly how many eggs to find by getting the Easter bunny to tell us how many he left for us. Ella loves this part!


They had a blast looking for the eggs. Luke ran wherever Ella went claiming he saw all of them first even the one the Easter bunny hid in the mailbox. There has to be one in the mailbox at least that it what the Easter bunny claims:)




They found some pretty eggs. See the one with the Chinese writing? Ella is taking Chinese lessons this year so the Easter Bunny wrote Happy Easter in Chinese on her name egg...Daddy looked it up for us when we got home:) The name eggs are always fun. Easter Bunny leaves a special egg in everybody's basket that has their name on it and a special message. This year each egg said : Luke - Wear your big boy underwear, Ella - Happy Easter (Chinese), Mom - Nice paint (we just got the living room painted) and Dad - Dr. Daddy.


Then is was off to church. I wanted to get a picture of the kids nicely dressed before we left but I came up short. This was the best I got.


This is the "I'm annoyed with you, Mom" pic I got from Ella after I begged her to smile at the camera about 50 times. Fun! Fun!


Hope you all had a nice Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment