Saturday, December 15, 2018

Christmas at the Schlutermans

Since Craig and I were both going to be out of town this Christmas we decided to have our family Christmas the week before to allow us a chance to all get together and exchange gifts. We got down to my parents early that morning to have the whole day to celebrate. My mom had everything setup so nicely with lots of delicious food. We played card games, laughed about our crazy kids, went to mass and then got down to the serious business of opening gifts! The kids just could not wait any longer!

My wonderful parents!
Annabeth anxiously waiting for the moment someone tells her she can open a gift!
Everyone was more than willing to help her open when it was her turn!
Daddy was thrilled with his pizza scooper as you can tell. He didn't understand why I got him this gift but once I explained to him that it was for his EGG grill then he was happy!
Before the night was over, we made a quick trip to Great grandma and grandpa's to sing them Christmas songs just like we used to do when we were little. I think they enjoyed it but it was hard seeing them age so much. Christmas's used to be very different in that house 30 years ago.

But the best part of all was watching the kids play with their toys at the end! Love all these cousins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment