After a really long first year of fellowship, Lyle was relaxing at the airport....well sort of, I think he is checking in on patients here but I still had to document it:)
About to take off!!
The plan was for us to get off the plane as quickly and possible and run to the Express bus so we could catch the early one otherwise we would have to wait another hour for the next one to arrive. Luckily, the plane landed 15 minutes early and we got to the bus just in time! We noticed that this whole trip was filled with little surprises or lucky moments. Each time Eve would instantly pop into my head. She was looking out for us and knew we needed this trip to be great and it was! Thanks baby!!
Here are the kids waiting while I check into the hotel. Lyle waited outside to get our bags off the bus.
I knew we were going to be early and that our room most likely wasn't going to be ready so my plan was to get to the pool and get a cabana so we could hang out there while waiting for our room. I had checked into over the phone but they were all first come first serve so I was nervous we wouldn't get one...but as Eve would have it we walked into the pool area and I grabbed the first person I saw and asked for a cabana and he said, "Well, you are in luck. The man to help you with that is right here and he can get you setup." There were only two left and they were perfect! Plus we got a little discount!
We had 4 hours in the cabana and it was great! We pulled our luggage in, closed the curtains, and everyone got dressed into their swimsuits. The cabana had a TV and refrigerator with snacks. The kids thought they were so lucky!
This was my favorite day! The kids splashed while Lyle and I relaxed with Mai Thais! Best way to start the vacation. When lunch came around we ordered food for the kids and let AB take a nap in the cabana while she watched cartoons....Lyle quickly turned it back to baseball when she fell asleep:)
While we were enjoying ourselves by the pool, we got a call from the front desk saying they were sorry they didn't have a room ready for us so they upgraded us to a better room! What?!! Thanks, Eve! Once everyone was done swimming, we carried our things to our room. It was so great! So beautiful! Nothing really fancy but we got a really nice view with the upgrade which made the kids so happy! After we got settled we headed over to Downtown Disney to hang out until our dinner reservations at Goofy's Kitchen later that evening.
ESPN might have been Lyle and Luke's favorite. They hit this place up twice while we were there!
Goofy's Kitchen was fantastic and AB's first time meeting the characters well she met them at DisneyWorld but she doesn't remember that and she was terrified of them:)
That night everyone was tired from such an exciting day! The beds felt great and we all slept well knowing we had two very exciting days ahead!
Our first day was spent at DisneyLand park. We got up bright and early to get breakfast and get to the front of the Magic Hour line. You could see Matterhorn from our window.
We got right in front!!!
The day was fantastic! The best part was that Ella conquered all her fears and rode all the roller coasters! I was so incredibly proud of her! Here are pics from throughout the day. The best part for them was since AB was too little to ride the big rides we got to do rider switch so that Lyle and I could both ride with them...that meant Ella and Luke got to ride each ride twice back to back!
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Snow White
Its a Small World
Space Mountain
Goofy's playhouse
Peter Pan
Splash Mountain
The next day we headed to CA Adventure park. Here are a few pics from there:
Cars Land
A Bugs' Life
Luke on CA Screamin' So so funny!
Daddy trying to entertain AB!Grizzly Rapids
AB trying to entertain herself while waiting in line.
After eating at Flo's V8 for lunch and finishing up all the rides we wanted to do, it was time to head back to the hotel and the airport.
We rode the Express Bus back to the airport but had about a three hour wait until our plane was leaving. However, Eve helped us out again and got us on the next plane leaving for SFO so we only had to wait an hour! Just enough time to get dinner. It was a perfect trip! Lyle and I were hesitant to book it because its so expensive but I knew we needed it and that we wouldn't regret it!




No comments:
Post a Comment