Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy 10th Birthday Ella!

Happy New Year!! What a whirlwind of activity we have had the last couple of months. And with Ella's birthday being on Jan. 1st the celebrations continue!
    I literally have no idea where the last 10 years have gone! How is my first born child turning 10???? I remember thinking 5 was old and now she is twice that age. Geez. Slow down time please! We kicked off the morning with our usual bday celebration.....cake and ice cream for breakfast!!
 Annabeth was more than willing to help Ella eat her morning bday cake!
We always let the kids pick out what they want to do for dinner on their birthday. They have their usual favorites back home but now that we are in San Francisco they had to come up with something new. Ella's choice was made easy by the fact that there is a restaurant named Ella's here so of course she picked that place. Great choice! It was delish!


Later that day, Ella and I decided to sneak off for some girl time shopping for her birthday. We went to the near by mall called Stonestown Galleria. She picked out several new shirts and finger nail polish. We also had a sweet snack and took a couple goofy pics to remember our wonderful day.


I love this little girl so much. She literally has the biggest heart of any person I know. She has so much patience. Really did not get that from me! She is so kind with Luke and Annabeth. So incredibly responsible. I have told her a million times that I could not survive during this time when Lyle is so busy and gone 90% of the time without her. She is smart, beautiful and has handled this move so so well. I'm just overcome with amazement at how wonderful she is.  I always tell her that if she continues to approach life with the bright positive attitude like she does now she will do just fine. I wish I was at optimistic as she is. 
Dear Ella,
Oh my sweet baby girl. 10 years you have been by my side now, my best friend. Words can not describe the love daddy and I have for you. You are all we every wanted in a daughter. How did we get so lucky? Please continue to approach life with optimism and love. I truly believe there is nothing you can't do. Happy Birthday
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment