Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Hotel fun

A couple weekends ago, Lyle had to teach a course all day in Texarkana. He had to drive down the night before because it was starting early the next morning. The kids and I decided to go with him thinking we would just hang out in the hotel the next day until he was done. We got to the hotel around 9 Saturday night and when checking in to the hotel (this hotel room was being paid by the school) the lady said, "Sorry we have no rooms with two beds available and the crib is being used." This idea instantly became not such a good idea. Then that sweet lady said, "why don't I upgrade you to a suite for free. It's got two separate rooms and a middle living room and kitchen." Perfect! I could have reached over that counter and kissed her!! She definitely had the Christmas spirit! Now it wasn't a fancy hotel but perfect for one night. We had more than enough room. The kids got in their pjs and watched Christmas shows in their room while Lyle and I relaxed in the other for a couple of minutes. Can't you see how excited they were?:)
The next day, Lyle went to his class around 7 and the kids and I just hung out. We got breakfast and then played board games (Catopoly was the favorite) all day till around 3 when we had to check out. We killed another hour eating a late lunch then it was time to pick up Lyle and head home. It was such a fun day, that I just wanted to make a post about it to remember it down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment