Sunday, January 29, 2017

Happy 8th Birthday Luke!

Luke turning 8 is so surreal. He is my baby! Eight seems way too old for him but nevertheless here he is turning 8. What a great kid he is! I mean seriously, this kid is just plain awesome!
Just like last year, all the kids in his class that had January bdays (8 of them, his friend Dillon Dunn actually has a bday on the same day as Luke) went in together for a party. Geez, this is so easy for me. All the other moms really take over and I just bring snacks. So EASY! I am going to miss this next year!
This year we rented out a theater for the kids. It was great! We brought in subway sandwiches, orange slices, and a cookie cake. The theater provide popcorn and a water. Outside on the marquee was this welcome sign to the St. Brendan birthday kids:
They had the whole theater to themselves! Luke loved it! He felt pretty cool in front of his friends:)


Luke,
I can not describe very well how much mommy is amazed by you. You are so unique to our family. You are soft hearted, hilarious, athletic, so so smart and so so handsome! But the thing I am most proud of is how much you love your family and how compassionate you are to other people. You are inquisitive and I hope you stay that way. You that curiosity to answer some of our world's biggest problems. You have such great potential that I imagine you will do just that. I love you so much Luke. There is absolutely no boy out there I would rather call my son. You are fantastic!
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment