Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving Break 2016

I can't believe we didn't take any pictures from Thanksgiving this year especially because it was my first time making all the food...that's probably why no pics were taken I was too busy cooking! We were all by ourselves here in SF this year which was actually really nice. Slow and easy! I cooked a big traditional Thanksgiving dinner though...except I only did a small turkey breast. It was my first time doing the dressing and I think it turned out well. It was Mims' recipe. We also had potatoes and gravy, hot rolls, mac and cheese, ham, cranberries, green beans and sweet potatoes along with pumpkin cake and chocolate pie for dessert. It was all really nice! Ella was a huge help in the kitchen this year! Luckily, Lyle only had to work the morning and was home in time to eat and watch the Cowboys play with us. Can't have Thanksgiving without football! Later that night we all sat our the table and read our Thank You's from our Thanksgiving box. I love that tradition!
The rest of the weekend we spend getting ready for Christmas!! We made our new traditional trip to the Christmas Tree Farm down the street to pick out our tree. We love this part of SF and its going to be hard to leave it!
The kids picked out a beautiful tree this year! It was a Blue Fir. Loved it! Here they are being silly while Lyle gets our tree put on the top of our car. Luke is doing the Dab of course.




That night after the tree was decorated Luke made a sweet gift for and family Elf Herman to take back to St. Nick. It was really sweet so we had to get a pic of it.

On Saturday, since Lyle was working, I decided to get out of the house with the kids and take them to the movies. It was AB's first time in theater. We watched Moana, a new kids' movie that had just come out. It was such a fun morning! AB felt like such a big kid! Right after this picture though she spilled that entire bag of popcorn! Over all it was a great Thanksgiving weekend! Bring on Christmas!!



No comments:

Post a Comment