I can't remember if I have mentioned what we call our "Dellbrook Family." Three days after we moved into our rent house on Dellbrook here in San Francisco, I was greeted by a sweet lady named Sara who brought us cookies to welcome us to the neighborhood. She and her husband live in a rent house a couple houses down on our street (her house is owned by our landlord). At the time she had a little boy named Ben who was Annabeth's age. We exchanged numbers and later she texted to invite me to the park with some other moms from the neighborhood. This started what we call our Dellbrook Family! There were four other moms in the neighborhood with children AB's age who all worked part time. We get together now about once or twice a week. They have been integral to my survival here. They introduced me to several great places to take AB, lots and lots of parks, story time at the library, and great restaurants. We babysit for each other on spur of the moment situations. I can't tell you how much I have grown to love these women and their children. I am going to really miss them!
This October during a playdate, we came up with the idea to have a progressive dinner. Since we live so close together we could easily walk to each others' houses. We started at Karissa's house (her husband is Garrick and their sone Graham) for appetizers, then Wendy Sue's (Josh and their son Milo) for soup and salad, Sara's (Jon and their sons Ben and Dan) for the entree and then Amy's (Mohit and their son and daughter Arush and Anishika) for dessert. Wendy Sue and I combined our houses since we live next door and would be running low on time if we did on 5 houses. It was such a great time!!! I hope we can do it again before we leave! Here are some pics of the kids playing and then the last one is an attempt to get us all in the pic at once. I think many of us are missing though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment