We had such a busy summer. We spent half of our trip in Dallas with Mims and Pa and then half in Arkansas with my parents. So I am going to break this trip up into two big posts. One in TX and one in AR.
Mims and Pa picked us up from the airport. We couldn't wait to be home and feel the warm sun on our skin! The summers are cold in SF. But boy was it hot in Texas!!
Here is AB finally being old enough to ride the pony Mims and Pa got Ella when she was little. The kids loved being at their house and getting to stretch out a bit. They were really excited about getting to go swimming in the new neighborhood pools!
It was so nice. We basically had the whole pools to ourselves! It was the perfect way to kick off our trip! AB got so comfortable swimming. As long as she had her little life jacket on she was perfect! I think I might have even fallen asleep on the side of the pool for a couple minutes:)
Pa surprised the kids with a Rangers game. I love going to see the Rangers play and Luke was really getting into baseball so he was thrilled! He made sure to take his glove. He actually almost caught a foul that flew our way....Ella too! We were actually on TV and got to watch it later that night because Pa recorded the game. All you can see of me was crouched behind Ella trying not to get hit! It was a fun night! Mostly for Luke because during warm ups, one of the pitching coaches gave him a ball and the when Elvis Andrus (Luke's favorite Ranger) came off the field he threw the ball right to him! He was pumped! Pa also made the game even better by buying the kids each a hat and Luke a jersey!
I also made plans to take the kids to visit UTSW where Lyle and I went to graduate school. Now that Ella and Luke were getting older I wanted them to meet my graduate school mentor. I then took them around Dallas and showed them places we used to live. Ella remembered a lot of it but not Luke. He was only 18 months when we moved.
Here is me and my mentor Rolf Brekken:
One night, Mims hired Ella and Luke to help her put together her football calendars that she sends out to her clients once a year. They were super pumped about this and stayed up until midnight getting it all finished! Oh how money talks!
They also had a fun time with their cousins who came over for a sleepover! Fun times! Geez, everyone is getting so big!
Huge Thank You to Mims and Pa for making our summer so great! Can't wait to get back home again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment