Friday, April 15, 2016

THE FLU NIGHTMARE!!!

I have never had the flu.  Now, I have been sick and had my fair share of the stomach virus but nothing compared to this. All of us received our flu shots but apparently it didn't help at all! Ella started feeling bad first and then I started getting symptoms the Friday my sister left. We had headaches and some tightness in our chests. I figured we were both just tired from so much running the week before. I wish! By Easter Sunday Ella and I were both wiped out. She was running a high fever and I could tell I was heading that direction. The kids started their spring break the week after Easter which was bitter sweet. I was glad that they didn't have to miss school being sick but super bummed that we were sick for spring break. We had big plans!
Sunday night, I blew up the big air mattress and put it in the living room. I wanted to be near the kids in case they needed me. I knew Ella was sick and was waiting for the rest to get it too. I laid on the couch which is were I pretty much stayed for two weeks. Monday morning, AB started throwing up. Luckily she was the only one that threw up during this time. That little baby was sick! This was the only picture I had the energy to take but it clearly shows how we were all feeling!
Luke soon came down with it too. We all ran high fevers for about 4 days. We were so weak. Ella started to regain a little energy which was great because I needed all the help I could get. I can't tell you what a sad sight it was in our house that week. Sweet friends brought us food and medicine. Poor Lyle did the best he could to help but he was busy and we wanted him to stay away as much as possible so he didn't get it....he did get it but not as bad as the rest of us. I felt terrible that the kids had such a crummy spring break. Luke even had to miss a couple days of the school the following week because he was still sick. It was really rough. We didn't fully recover for about three weeks. I never ever want to go through that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment