These pics are terrrible (because I no longer have a camera and take all my pics with a really old iphone) but you can see how excited Ella was to have her Mims around to cuddle with on the couch.
They were all happy!
Wednesday was spent watching football, making a last minute run to the grocery store and starting food prep for the big day.It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without Mims' dinner rolls, dressing and chocolate pie so that was on her list to make.
Ella helped her this year make the rolls. We are going to try and make them by ourselves at Christmas so I needed her to take mental notes of the whole process. Passing down traditions is very important to me and plus the kids literally eat a whole dozen each by themselves!
Im so irritated at myself for not taking pictures on Thanksgiving Day but you will have to trust me when I say it was great! The food was fantastic and making it all went really smoothly. I was afraid in my little kitchen it might be hard but Mims and I planned it all out pretty well and everything was fresh out of the oven when it was time to eat. Not only was that a miracle but Lyle got to spend most of Thanksgiving Day with us. He got home around 1pm and stayed the rest of the day! We ate a lot, watched a lot of football and really enjoyed not having to run anywhere!
The next day though, I felt like I needed to entertain our guests just a little so we drove them to Cliff House which is a scenic part of the ocean up on the cliffs. The views from their are amazing. It isn't far from Golden Gate Park so we drove through there as well and did something I have been wanting to do since we moved here. Find the buffalo! I had heard there were buffalo in GGP but hadn't had the time to go find them...and of course everyone thought I was nuts. But we found them! Here's a pic of the kids admiring them!
Mims and Pa had to leave early Saturday morning and we were sad to see them go. But it was truly and great great Thanksgiving! Thanks so much for making the trip!





No comments:
Post a Comment