Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Our snow vacation!

The kids finally got some snow days this year. It has been a very mild winter so far so we really worried that we wouldn't see any snow our last winter before moving to SF but Mother Nature pulled through for us and we got enough snow to give the kids three snow days! The last one was a total surprise. The school had sent out a text message that morning saying that we were going to have a delayed start so I got the kids' up a little later to start getting dressed. Then around 8am I got a second text saying school was closed. As soon as I let the kids' read the text, they stopped screaming and immediately changed out of their school clothes and back into their pjs!
Here are some pics of the fun!
Sledding. This is always a favorite! The kids get some real speed going down that hill. Actually Luke got a little too much speed on one run and hit a brick mailbox with his nose. Pretty gnarly gash but he was back out there a little while later. I even took a couple rides down....lots of fun!
 We always put together a puzzle on a snow day!
 Here is the finished product!
AB wasn't too excited about the snow but loved watching the kids go down the hill and LOVED having them home with her all week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment