Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Year's Eve 2013

Another year has come to a close. This year we celebrated with these girls.....more on that later!


2013 was a busy one. While Lyle and I didn't have much change with our careers, we did have a lot change with our family. Welcoming two new little faces to our family in 2014 will be the best....no matter how or what the situation maybe. We are so looking forward to it.
Lyle is continuing with residency and will be finishing up his 4th year in May. He is getting to do tons of surgeries now which makes him very happy. He is filling out applications for transplant fellowships and will be interviewing starting next month. We should find out where our next journey will take us in June or July.....stay tuned. I am also continuing with my research. Hoping to wrap up a paper before the babies come. I am pretty sure I will stay home afterwards but may continue part time. We are still not sure how all of that will go just yet.
Ella started 2nd grade in 2013 and is doing fantastic! She loves everything about school!! She has tons of friends and comes home everyday saying she had a great day! 2nd grade is really a special year for kids at CTK because they get to celebrate First Reconciliation and First Communion. She is very excited about both. She also started piano lessons in 2013 and is doing quite well.
Luke has had a good 2013 as well. He got to start school at Ella's school this year and OH has that be fun!! I love the days when they come home saying they saw each other in the gym or passed each other in the hall. He is making lots of new friends as well and getting to do lots of new exciting things....things Ella remembers doing when she was in PreK. He also has two seasons of soccer this year and did awesome! He will be starting T-ball soon!!
With the end of 2013, I am reminded of how lucky we are to have such a great family and wonderful friends. We know who is responsible and we say Thank you to him for watching over us and supporting us along our journey. Please continue to do so. Here's to 2014!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment