He is 3 yrs and 9 months and is in his 3rd year at 2nd Presbyterian. He's classroom is down stairs this year so one of the games I play with him each morning is that I forget to go down stairs and he has to remind me. He giggles when I walk past the stairs and he has to yell at me to turn around! He has his best buddy Landon Battreal in his class again and that is a big deal!! Those two are so funny together. They will also go together to CTK next year!
Luke is very independent these days. He gets himself dressed each morning, brushes his teeth and grabs his book bag before heading out the door....he refuses to learn how to buckle himself in his carseat though mostly because his sister takes such good care of him and always does it for him. She spoils him!! And he loves her for it! There is nobody that is more important to that boy than his sister. She is the coolest and the funniest person ever to him right now!
He is really smart too! He can write and spell his name. He knows all the letter sounds and our game everyday on the way to school is spelling words. He is starting to sound the words out and can easily spell words like cat and mop. He can count to 50 and is even learning Spanish in school.
He hasn't officially started any sports yet but LOVES playing baseball and soccer. If he isn't throwing a ball around the house he is karate chopping something. He is all boy...climbing or jumping off things at all times.
He is a great eater. Eats anything I put in front of him although surprisingly he isn't that big a fan of pizza. He loves his milk and peanut butter the most.

Here are a couple of Luke stories I don't want to forget:
At school a couple weeks back his teacher asked him what he wanted to be when he got older and he said, 'I wanted to put kidneys in people like my dad does." Ha!
We were coming home from school and Luke was excited about getting to go to Chapel at school earlier that day. He said, "Mom, we got to see the kidney in church today." I said, "The what?" "The kidney...you know, the thing that plays music...the kidney!" "Oh, you mean the organ!" Ha ha!
Luke is still my little boy though. He loves to snuggle and still needs to hold my hand every night. Even if he is sound a sleep and I lay down beside him he searches for my hand to hold. I love it!!
He is quite stubborn though. He fights back with me and always says, "Mom, do you remember the golden rule? Treat others the way you want to be treated?" Drives me nuts!!
I love you so much Luke!







No comments:
Post a Comment