As I said before, we had a very fun and very busy spring break. The renovations on the Museum of Discovery were finally complete so I took the kids there one afternoon.
Here are a few pics of the fun.
One of the big attractions was this set of tubes that went the entire two stories of the building. Air was blown through the clear tubes and the kids could put pieces of fabric or little balls of yarn in them and watch them travel up to the top where they would get blown out and fall back to the ground. They loved it. We spent most of our time here.
Then we went into the "Explore your Body" section and Luke spotted this machine where he could measure how strong he was by squeezing the handle. We spent several minutes on this.....typical boy!
Luke also had fun staring down this iquana...."He's eating wunch, Momma!"
They then got to act like they were news anchors and be on TV. They were supposed to read the tele-prompt as different backgrounds flashed behind them but they didn't really get the idea. They just thought it was cool to be on TV.
It was a really fun time but all Luke could remember about it later the next day when Lyle asked him was how he didn't get a toy from the gift shop....go figure!
Later that week, while Lauren and I went with some of my girlfriends to watch the Hunger Games, uncle Craig took the kids to Playtime Pizza. I got this picture texted to me during the movie. I'm not for sure what they were doing but from the looks on their faces they must of had a great time!
But by far, the best part of Spring Break this year was that Ella learned to ride her bike without training wheels!! She has been trying for several months now but just wasn't getting it for some reason. This day though, she was determined. As I was helping hold the bike for her, I noticed that as soon as she saw me let go and stop running beside her she would instantly fall over. So, I let go of the bike but kept running along side of her and she literally took off. It happened just like you see it in the movies. She just started going! She was so proud of herself.....but not more than I was of her. I could watch her ride that bike all day! Later on, we decided to play a little trick on Lyle. When he got up from sleeping, Ella asked if he could go outside and help her because she "just wasn't getting it at all". So, we went outside and I acted like I was trying to show Daddy how I was helping her and then I just let go and she took off!! Lyle was very surprised and Ella was beaming!! Daddy and I are sooo proud of you Ella!!
Here is a video from the big day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment