Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

We had a really nice Valentine's Day this year. Actually we started celebrating on February 1st when Ella and Luke helped me make this decoration. Ella cut out and put faces on all the hearts all by herself. She was pretty proud that she came up with the idea to put faces on them.
     When the kids came home from school that afternoon, I had surprised them by putting out these little cuties.....
I told them that when the flag was up it meant they had a surprise inside. They LOVED them!! Every afternoon when I picked them up from school the VERY first thing they said to me was, "I wonder what is in our mailboxes" Luke would be yelling it to me as he came out the door with his teacher to get in the car. I had to explain to her what it was after about the 4th or 5th day. Those mailboxes lead to these mailboxes.....
Ella put these beside our bed and said when the flag was up it meant we had a surprise inside like the following card she made for each of us....
It was super sweet but one day Luke ripped the flag off and that was the end of our surprises. Little brothers!
One day I put a ticket in their mailboxes for one arts and craft day. They cashed that ticket in quick so we made these little crayon hearts for Ella's classmates. They turned out really cute and Ella and Luke really worked hard at making them.



But the kids got an even bigger Valentine's day present the day before the big day....a snow day!! It didn't really snow at all but the roads were icy so they canceled school. Lucky for us Grandma and Papa had spent the night with us so they got to share our snow day with us.
Papa and Craig went to a farm sale that morning but when they got back they helped us put the finishing touches on the puzzle we started that morning. Puzzles are perfect for snow days!!
  
That night, we had to get ready for the kids' Valentine's parties at school the next day. Mom helped us get the valentines ready and decorate Ella's box. I was helping Luke sign his name to all his cards.


The next morning, Lyle surprised us all by having gifts for us set out on the breakfast table when we woke up. He got Ella and I running clothes and Luke some cook Black hightops (not my favorite but Luke is in love with them!!) I surprised Lyle with a new iPhone4 and a sweet note that I left out for him to find before he left for work. My surprise inspired him to write a very sweet Valentine note to me which went like this, "Thanks. Love, Lyle" My husband has such a way with words!

No comments:

Post a Comment