Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Bunny! Easter Bunny!

Easter, 2009-- As we anxiously awaited the arrival of Easter bunny, we helped him paint some eggs to hide......




We set out :

our baskets

a note that read:
Dear Easter Bunny,
We miss you. Luke and I have been very good this year. We painted some eggs for you to hide. Please let us know how many extra ones you leave for us. We love you, Ella and Luke

and a little snack for him--carrots, an orange, and of course part of a lemon ("because bunnies love lemons, mom")



Luke in a rather precarious position--take the picture quick!!



We woke up the next morning and.....Ella was sick with the stomach virus :(
I knew she was really sick when she picked a piece of chocolate out of her basket and then put it down saying "I don't want this, mommy." Anyone that knows Ella knows that she loves chocolate and lots of it. She tried to hang in there though but as she hunted the eggs the Easter bunny had left around the house she said "This is making me tired." So we took it easy the rest of the day.



Luke was very positive through it all. He was very happy on his first Easter. He is now three months old and changing every day. He is constantly smiling!! He refuses to lay on his back now and is constantly trying to sit up. He can almost do it all on his own.





Ella came through with a strong finish though. She was able to pull it together and find all the eggs the Easter bunny had hidden at Mims and Pa's. He left really big eggs at their house with lots of cool surprises inside so Easter wasn't a complete loss after all. Hope everyone had a good Easter!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these pictures of Luke! He has changed so much since I saw him last!

    ReplyDelete